How to share a board for editing
Once you're inside the board you'd like to share, click Add Editor in the top right of the board (note that any sub-boards within the board will also be shared).
- To invite someone via their email, enter it in the Add another editor field.
- To invite a number of people at once, toggle on the Invite editors via a shareable link option, then copy and share the provided link with your collaborators.
- Please note that enabling the Invite editors via a shareable link removes your ability to restrict access to your board; any Milanote user with the URL will be able to see and edit it. To restrict access for some users after the link has been enabled, just toggle it off and re-add users through the Add another editor field.
How to share or publish a read only board
Once you're inside the board you'd like to share, click Publish & Share.
Click on Publish via secret link to create a link to a read-only version of your board that can be accessed by anyone, whether they are Milanote users or not. Then, just copy the provided URL and forward it!
Publish & Share also provides additional options:
- By default, the Allow comments and reactions option will be toggled on. This lets visitors with Milanote accounts leave feedback on your board; toggle this option off to restrict feedback.
- Toggle on the Set a welcome message option to craft a special greeting for visitors to your board.
- Toggle on the Require a password to view option to set a password and restrict access to your board.
What if there's no option to share?
There are some common reasons that you may not see the Add Editors or Publish & Share options:
- Are you on your home board? The only Milanote board you can't share is your home board - but you can move the content off of it into another board for sharing.
- Do you own this board? If someone shares one of their boards with you for review, it will not have the Add Editors or Publish & Share options.
- Have you verified your account? When signing up for Milanote, you should have received an email asking you to click a link to verify your account.