Lines are great for mapping out steps in a process.
How create lines
- Select two items
- Right-click and select Connect with lines
- Select a start / end point from the toolbar
- Just, drag the line tool out from the toolbar on the left
- Drag the ends of the line to extend and change the direction
- Snap the endpoints to any piece of content to show relationships between things
- Hold the SHIFT key while dragging the end of a line to make it snap to a right angle
- You can also change the colour of lines, and choose which ends have arrowheads - select a line and use the toolbar on the left
More depth than regular diagrams
You can use line to connect boards and create diagrams with infinite levels of depth. For example, you might want to add a sub-process inside another one.
Select a line by clicking on it, then drag the handle in the middle to create a curved line. Double click the handle to revert to a straight line.
Using lines to divide up the canvas
Lines don't have to be connected to other things either - you can use them to separate a board into different sections. Tip: hold the SHIFT key while dragging the end of a line to make it snap to a right angle.