- Create a new note: Double click anywhere to create a new note.
- Add notes quickly: While typing a note, hit ⌘ + Enter (Mac) or Ctrl + Enter (Windows) to create one note after another.
Copy, delete and undo
- Copy: Command + C (Mac) or Ctrl + C (Windows)
- Cut: Command + X (Mac) or Ctrl + X (Windows)
- Paste: Command + V (Mac) or Ctrl + V (Windows)
- Select all: Command + A (Mac) or Ctrl + A (Windows)
- Duplicate: Hold Alt or Option and Drag the content you want to duplicate.
- Delete: Select anything and hit Delete. Notes need to be empty before you can delete them.
- Undo: Command + Z (Mac) or Ctrl + Z (Windows)
You can format your content as you type.
- Select text and use ⌘ + B (Mac) or Ctrl + B (Windows) for bold text (you can also use I for italics or U to underline)
- Type # and hit space to create a heading
- Type - and hit space to start a list
- Type 1. for a numbered list
- Type  for a check list
- Type [x] for a completed check list
- Type > for a quote
- Use Tab to indent bullet items (and Shift + Tab to move them back)
- Add an image from your computer: Drag an image from your computer into Milanote.
- Add an image from the internet: Right click on the image, copy the address of the image, paste the image address into a Milanote Link card.
- Add a caption: Select an image and just start typing.
Search (Available on Pro accounts)
- Command + F (Mac) or Ctrl + F (Windows). This is also the quickest way to jump between boards.
- Press Escape to close search
- Move backwards: Command + Shift + down arrow (Mac) or Control + Shift + down arrow (Windows)
- Move forwards: Command + Shift + up arrow (Mac) or Control + Shift + up arrow (Windows)
Moving around the board
- Hold Space bar and Drag to move quickly around the board. It's easier than scrolling.
Creating a column
- Combine two or more cards into a column: Hold Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) and drag one card onto another.
Right-click shortcuts menu
- Right-click any item in Milanote to show shortcuts related to the item.